- Biblical principles are integrated into every subject.
- Remains committed to and immovable from the Biblical principles upon which it was founded in 1966.
- Daily Bible classes develop character by teaching the doctrines of the historic Christian faith.
- Distinctly Christian curriculum in kindergarten through twelfth grade emphasizing our Judeo-Christian heritage.
- Worldview training enables students to understand and evaluate the world's philosophies, political and religious systems.
Dedicated Christian Faculty
- Longevity of teachers and staff who are committed to serving the school community.
- Instructional strategies that utilize best practices and are designed to use multiple modalities across the curriculum.
- A professionally trained and credentialed faculty who regularly attend Professional Development in current practices and integrate the Word of God into all disciplines.
- U.S. News and World Report has twice featured Forest Lake Christian School as one of the most outstanding college prep high schools in the greater Sacramento area. (August of 2005 and September of 2009)
- Ninety-five percent of graduates consistently attend a wide variety of colleges and universities, both state and private upon graduation.
- Three appointees to West Point Military Academy over the last ten years.
- Internship program for seniors in careers such as architecture, art, business, engineering, medicine, ministry, politics, social services, teaching, veterinary medicine, and worship arts.
- High School has been accredited by WASC and ACSI since 1985.
- Two stunning campuses totaling 19 acres of rolling lawns and playing fields in the Sierra Nevada foothills.
- Tranquil park-like setting.
- Facilities include a sanctuary, libraries, science labs, art room, two gymnasiums, tennis courts, track, and fields.
- State of the Art security cameras monitor the interior and exterior of the main campus.
Fine Arts Programs
- Renowned choral program with extensive travel experience including performances in Hawaii, Los Angeles, Montreal, New York City (Carnegie Hall) and Washington D.C.
- Award winning choral performances at international, national, and ACSI competitions.
- Art appreciation program in elementary school featuring the great masters.
- Training in public speaking begins in Kindergarten.
- Drama program in which students produce, direct, and perform in two full-length plays each year.
- State Championship in 2004 Division 5 Girls Basketball
- CIF State Scholastic Champions five times in Girls Volleyball.
- Varsity Soccer Coach Thad Kopec reached the milestone of 330 victories over his 28 year career at FLCS. Honored as the longest serving coach in Nevada County.
- Multiple Section Championships in four different sports.
- Former Falcon athletes have continued competing in many sports at the collegiate level including playing five distinct Division I NCAA sports.
- Ongoing partnership with State legislators including annual discussions with students on campus, senior internships, and student campaign workers.
- Our school community is comprised of students from five neighboring counties and represent over 50 local churches.
- Weekly chapels feature student involvement and speakers from many of our local churches.
- Bus transportation is provided to many communities in Placer and Nevada County including Nevada City, Auburn, Rocklin, Roseville, and Granite Bay.
Preparing Christian Leaders
- Graduates are in full-time ministry as missionaries, pastors, teachers, worship leaders, and camp directors.
- Alumni excel in many professions and have fulfilling careers as accountants, airline pilots, attorneys, business owners, computer programmers, dentists, doctors, engineers, lawyers, college professors, and teachers.
- Students are prepared to be spiritual leaders and servants in their homes, churches, and communities by understanding their spiritual responsibilities from a Biblical worldview.