FLCS maintains a partnership with parents regarding the standards and criteria of a Christian learning environment that involves the entire family. Forest Lake Christian School's mission is to provide an education based upon the truth of God's word so that students are able to discern right thinking and action from a Biblical worldview and are thereby empowered for a life of enduring commitment to Christ, moral integrity, and intellectual growth.
FLCS fulfills Christ's commission to "make disciples" (Matthew 28:19), by challenging students who are not yet Christians to accept Christ as their Savior, and by helping students who have accepted Christ to grow in their Christian faith. FLCS instructs students under the delegated authority of their parents and in harmony with the local church. FLCS seeks to only admit students whose parents support learning how to initiate, grow, and internalize Christian faith.
Although parents and students need not be Christian to attend FLCS, parents must agree to support the school's Philosophy of Christian Education and must allow their children to personally accept the Christian faith. Forest Lake Christian School accepts students who meet behavioral and academic standards and desire to grow in their Christian faith, or are open to learning about the Bible and the Christian faith with the support of their parents.
- The applicant should have a satisfactory citizenship record at the school he/she is currently attending.
- The applicant should be achieving an average ("C") grade in all academic classes during the current and previous school year.
- The applicant should perform in the average range or above on the FLCS admission test or teacher evaluation to demonstrate that he/she will be academically successful at Forest Lake Christian School.
- Parent(s) and applicant understand that children will be taught according to the school's Statement of Faith and that Biblical integration is central to FLCS curriculum.
- The parent(s) and applicant must agree to comply with FLCS policies and procedures including standards in school handbooks.
- Students applying for seventh through twelfth grades must indicate their personal desire to attend FLCS on the student application and during the interview with administration.
Step 1: Complete the Application for Admission.
- Parents will complete the Application for Admission to Forest Lake Christian School. Applications are available from a school office or on the FLCS website.
- Students applying for seventh through twelfth grades will complete the Student Application for Admission to FLCS. Students will complete this application during the admissions testing appointment.
Step 2: Admissions Test (4th-12th Grades) and/or Teacher Evaluation (TK-6th Grades).
- The Admissions Test is the Terra Nova Achievement Test which is taken online and scored immediately which allows us to compare scores with our current student population. The test takes approximately 1 hour and 30 minutes.
- The Teacher Evaluation is with the grade level teacher to evaluate the level at which a student is able to function academically and socially. The evaluation lasts for approximately 45 minutes.
- Please contact the school office to schedule an admission test or teacher evaluation. Cost for testing/evaluation is a $25.00 non-refundable fee.
Step 3: Submit required documentation to the school office.
- Copy of the most recent report card or high school transcript.
- Copy of any IEP, 504, ESL, LEP, or other accommodation plan for academics, physical challenges, or behavior.
- Additional documentation such as immunization record or birth certificate may be required for particular grade levels.
Steps 1-3 must be completed prior to an interview with the principal.
Step 4: Interview with the principal.
- The personal interview is an exciting and vital component of the application process. Interviews are held with at least one parent or guardian (both are preferred), the student (4th - 12th grades) and the principal.
- A typical interview lasts between 30-45 minutes, and is a time when the student and parent(s) may ask any questions and share their perspectives. The principal discusses academics at FLCS, involvement in activities, and the unique spiritual opportunities we offer each student as a Christian school.
- The FLCS office initiates the interview appointment, and contacts the family after the completion of all application and testing materials.
- After the interview, a student may be accepted, accepted on probation, or denied admission to FLCS.
Step 5: Online registration.
- Parents complete online registration for enrollment and pay the FLCS registration fee.
- The office will provide each family with a link to complete online registration.